The TV & Media Production/Theatre Arts program is designed for students interested in pursuing employment and post-secondary education in the fields of Entertainment Production: focusing in, but not limited to, video, cinema, broadcasting, theatre, photography, or design fields.
The curriculum will integrate academic and technical content, split into eleven different trimester length courses that each is an element to an entertainment industry learning foundation:
Students take Physics in Grade 11, Chemistry or Advanced Placement Biology in Grade 12. Art is also recommended.
- Intro to Broadcasting and News Production (Grade 9) – 6 credits
- Composition & Design (Grade 9) – 6 credits
- Non-Linear Video Editing (Grade 10) – 8 credits
- Audio Design & Production (Grade 10) – 8 credits
- Photography & Image Editing (Grade 10) – 8 credits
- Lighting Design & Production (Grade 11) – 13 credits
- Cinematography (Grade 11) – 13 credits
- Screenwriting (Grade 11) – 13 credits
- Scenic Design & Construction (Grade 12) – 13 credits
- Advanced Video Editing (Grade 12) – 13 credits
- Portfolio Development (Grade 12) – 13 credits
Students completing this course of study can pursue additional education in two and four-year college entertainment-related programs.