Post-Secondary and Career Training Programs
Massachusetts Regional Workforce Blueprints identify careers that are currently in high demand, as well as critical industries where the projected workforce need is greater than the supply of trained employees. In collaboration with MassHire Workforce Development Boards, MassHire Career Centers, and local businesses our Post-Secondary vocational certificate programs are designed for adults seeking industry- approved technical skills in high demand industries and occupations. These tuition-based Certificate programs provide up to 900 hours of skilled training that prepare adults to enter the workforce or position themselves to be promoted within their existing place of employment.
Launching in Fall 2021:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Dental Assisting
- Early Childhood Education
Grant Funded Career Opportunities:
Are you unemployed or underemployed? Are you interested in beginning a career in PLUMBING or AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES? We may have a grant funded career training opportunity for you! If you are eligible and interested, please contact Jobee O'Sullivan email@example.com. Automotive Round #2 coming soon...
Round #2 PLUMBING: JUNE 7-AUGUST 18, 2021
Recent district high school graduates who reside in the towns of Ayer, Chelmsford, Groton, Littleton, Pepperell, Shirley, Townsend and Westford may apply (if space permits) to obtain a technical certificate in one of our 20 industry-approved technical programs. This tuition-free program provides eligible students real world skills that directly relate to a future career pathway. For more information, visit our Post Graduate Admissions Page.
Community Education provides vast learning opportunities for residents of all ages. Courses focus on career and technical training, academic and cultural enrichment, and health/wellness improvement.
Adult Classes – Nashoba at Night
- On-site evening classes begin twice a year (fall and winter) and focus on career building skills. Our trade-specific options include code classes and may provide certification, industry credentials, as well as licensure preparation.
- Online courses are plentiful, offering both self-paced and instructor led courses that lead to new skills and enhance employment opportunities .
Middle School Programs – Junior Vikings
- After school mini-exploratory classes are geared for district 7th & 8th graders and project-based, with a focus on experiencing technical education.
- Summer Experience Junior Viking classes are geared for students entering grades 5-9 and project based, with a focus on exposure to and experiencing career pathways.