Message from the Superintendent: Current Update on the Realities of Sexting from Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan -Click here
The Dual Enrollment Program is available to any junior or senior who meets the criteria adopted by both the State and the District. The program allows a student to attend Middlesex Community College, Mt. Wachusett Community College, UMass Lowell or Fitchburg State University on a full time basis, while still enrolled as a high school student. The student’s family must be prepared to pay for tuition, fees and books, as well as provide transportation.
Eligibility criteria are based upon a rubric point system consisting of:
· Instructor Recommendations
· Standardized Test scores
The following minimum eligibility criteria must be met:
· Student earned a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 (85%) while in high school
· Student must have passed Algebra I with a C or better
· Student must have positive recommendations from all instructors, the Assistant Principal, and the Principal
· Student must be either a junior or senior next year
· Student must have earned 80 points or more on the dual enrollment rubric
Once the student qualifies for Dual Enrollment, a meeting is scheduled with both the student and parent to sign a Dual Enrollment Agreement and complete a Dual Enrollment Application. The student will then take a placement test at the college. This placement test is required for all incoming students. If the student does not meet the Dual Enrollment requirements for that school, he/she will not be allowed to go out on Dual Enrollment for that college.