Message from the Superintendent - Teen Grief & Depression - See links at bottom of page
To receive a diploma a senior must:
• Earn a score of 240 or higher on the English and Math MCAS exams.
• Earn a score of 220 or higher on the English and Math MCAS exam and fulfill the requirements of an Educational Proficiency Plan (EPP).
• Earn a score of 220 or higher on the Science and Technology Exam.
• Students who score below 218 on any exam must be enrolled in tutoring for that exam during the following school year and participate in re-test earns until a score of 220 or higher is achieved.
• Students on the EPP must show that they are making progress towards proficiency during their junior and senior year.
• Students on an EPP must participate in the spring MCAS/EPP testing held in March and April.
• Students on an EPP who score a 240 on the MCAS/EPP testing will have fulfilled the requirements of the Educational Proficiency Plan.
• Students who have not scored a 240 or higher must pass the course for which they are on the plan (English, Math, or both) and submit a signed Educational Proficiency Plan documenting their progress prior to being permitted to graduate.
• Complete all academic, technical program, & attendance requirements
• Obtain 315 credits (320 credits are offered)
• Pay all outstanding bills
• Complete all discipline requirements and assignments
• Fulfillment of state mandated MCAS requirements
• Pay their $20.00 class dues for every year they attend Nashoba Valley Technical High School
• Complete a senior project (research paper, product and presentation)
• Participate in five hours of community service per year for every year that they attend Nashoba Valley Technical High School
• Must take and meet physical education course requirements
To receive a technical certificate a senior must:
• Meet graduation requirements
• Successfully complete competency-based vocational curriculum. If required curriculum has not been completed, a student must work in the trade for one year before a certificate is considered earned.
• Fulfillment of state mandated MCAS requirement.